Gulf Coast Data Breach, Security, and Privacy Summit - 2019
The 2nd Annual Gulf Coast Data Breach, Security, and Privacy Summit was held on April 2nd, 2019 at Harrah’s Hotel New Orleans.
The summit's unique format both educated attendees and provided specific steps to assess data security and manage cyber-related risks for their business – for both the technology specialist and business professional.
- “Cyber Security Liability Update: Buckle Up” - Presented by Ray Areaux (Carver Darden Law Firm)
- Description: Privacy, security, and database breach legislative trends suggest a somewhat rougher ride ahead. Buckle Up. Enjoy a high-speed tour of the many cyber-security statutes, common themes, and emerging trends. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), NYDFS Cyber Reg (New York Dept of Financial Services Cybersecurity), HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), GLB (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act), FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), Release 2.0 of the Louisiana Database Security Breach Notification Law and some of the other 50 state database breach statutes.
- “Social Engineering Demonstration” – Presented by David Derigiotis (Burns & Wilcox) and Nicholas Michler (CommTech)
- Description: What is known about you on the web? How easily is this information accessed? What risk does this pose to your business?
- “The Real Cyber Threat Landscape” - Presented by Mike McAplen (8x8) and Darryl d’Aquin (CommTech)
- Description: What is the current state of national and global cyber threats? How can they actually affect your business operations? And what should you be doing about it?
- "Corporate Data Security" – Moderated by Duane Barnes (Cox) / Panelists: Nicholas Michler (CommTech), Mike McAplen (8x8), Joe Grettenberger (NetDocuments)
- Description: A panel discussion about protecting your businesses biggest assets. Whether on servers or hosted in the cloud, how vulnerable is your data and what steps should you take to ensure it's safe.
- “Cyber Recovery” – Presented by David Finley (Dell EMC)
- Description: How your business can recover from a cyber disaster.
Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management Tracks:
- “High Tides of Compliance” - Presented by Jacqueline M. Brettner (Carver Darden Law Firm)
- Description: A discussion of the hurdles faced by the health and financial industries in the evolving era of data privacy, and how to manage these matters from a big picture standpoint.
- “Cyber Hygiene” - Presented by Joe Grettenberger and David Snow (NetDocuments)
- Description: Germ theory and navigating modern information security threats.
- "Risk Management Perspectives" – Moderated by Jacqueline M. Brettner (Carver Darden Law Firm) / Panelists: Clark Zelenka (Eagan Insurance Agency), David Derigiotis (Burns & Wilcox)
- Description: An interactive panel discussion of the reality of coverage placement and claims adjustment by outside counsel, underwriters/insurer, and agent.
- "General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), A Year in the Life" – Moderated by Ray Areaux (Carver Darden Law Firm) / Panelists: David Snow (NetDocuments), James Havens (Dell EMC)
- Description: A panel discussion of the interpretation enforcement, and the impact of GDPR.
TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE 2019 VIDEO PRESENTATIONS PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
Gulf Coast Data Breach, Security, and Privacy Summit - 2018
Industry experts agree: It is not a matter of if your business will be hacked, but when. Don’t jeopardize your business by falling behind the curve. Learn about data security risk and liability and cyber-attack mitigation from a roster of experts including the FBI Cyber Division, attorneys, public relations specialists, and technology professionals.
- “Information Privacy and Database Breach Law and Liability” - Presented by Ray Areaux (Carver Darden Law Firm)
- Description: A general overview of information privacy laws with some emphasis on database breach liability. Review of emerging trends.
- “Cyber is for Everyone” - Presented by Jacqueline M. Brettner (Carver Darden Law Firm) & Clark Zelenka (Eagan Insurance Agency)
- Description: How cybersecurity threats and data breaches have changed the way in which businesses must manage risk. Provides guidance on best practices for business clients to avoid data breaches, and how to properly assess cyber risks and transfer potential liabilities via cyber insurance.
- Panel Discussion – “Technology Best Practices to Protect Your Data” - Moderated by Darryl d'Aquin (CommTech)
- Description: Panel includes subject matter experts from Microsoft, NetDocuments, 8x8, SonicWall, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- “Understanding the Cyber Threat Landscape” - Presented by Special Agent James Ridder (FBI)
- “Anatomy of a Data Breach" - Led by Virginia Miller and Greg Beuerman (Beuerman Miller Fitzgerald Communications Firm)
- Description: The workshop will highlight various issues within a data breach and help you facilitate a data breach response plan.